East Bernard Fair Fund
Rules & Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Chili: Contestants are required to cook chili. They must cook a minimum of three (3) pounds of beef or venison. (No other wild game) Turn in @ 2 pm
- Cornbread: Contestants must cook at least one (1) batch of cornbread or dessert over coals or in the ground only. Please Use a PLAIN Cornbread Recipe ONLY. Use of other ingredients will cause immediate disqualification. The container must not have any foil. Turn in @ 1 pm
- Margaritas can be frozen or “on the rocks” and any flavor. The container will have a lid. Turn in @ 2 pm
- Chef’s Choice dish must be cooked on site ground or over coals in order to be served as a hot dish. The container must not have any foil. Turn in @ 3 pm
- Kid’s Choice dish must be cooked on site ground or over coals in order to be served as a hot dish. The container must not have any foil. Participants must be in the 3rd-12th grade and be signed up with an adult team. Turn in @ 3 pm
- Dip can be any choice of salsa, cheese, bean, etc. Turn in @ 3 pm
- Chicken: Contestants must turn in ó of chicken cut lengthwise. (this would include wing, breast, thigh, and drumstick) Sauce and foil are NOT allowed in the container. Turn in @ 4 pm
- Dessert must be cooked on site ground or over coals in order to be served as a hot dish. The container must NOT have any foil. Turn in @ 4 pm
- Beans: Contestants must cook at least one (1) pound of pinto beans. (No pieces of meat and No bacon) Turn in @ 5 pm
- Ribs: Contestants must cook at least one slab of USDA pork ribs. Baby back ribs, sauce, and foil will NOT be allowed. The team will turn in 6 or more for judging purposes. Turn in @ 5 pm
- All contestants may begin to set up at 8:00 A.M. on Saturday, March 2, 2024.
- The Head Cook’s meeting will be held at 10:30 a.m inside the American Legion Hall.
- Judges will select first through fifth place in each cooking division with the exception of Margaritas and Dips where judges will select first through third.
- Bring your own cover in case of bad weather.
- Contest committee reserves the right to make additional rules and regulations as the situation warrants.
- Entries must be received by February 23, 2024 Entries are needed as soon as possible in order to make necessary preparations.
- There must be at least one team member who is a least 21 years of age present on the cook-off grounds at all times. If not, the team will be disqualified and asked to leave the grounds.
- No firearms of any kind will be allowed on the premises. Pets are not allowed.
- Security and state laws will be enforced in regards to underage drinking and disorderly conduct.
- No loud music will be allowed in the cooking area. Please be a good neighbor!
- All outdoor music will need to stop at 10:00 P.M.
- Each team will be responsible during and after the cook-off for cleaning up their allotted space.
- All trash and equipment should be picked up and moved out by 10 am Sunday morning. Trash bags will be provided at the Head Cook’s meeting.
The Fair Fund meets the first Wednesday of each month in the East Bernard vocational ag building. If you have a student involved in 4H or FFA or just want to help the local kids of the our community, we invite you to become a member of the EB Fair Fund. For more information contact President Neal Adam.